Yay! The magic of the USB cable has been restored which means there are some great photos now on this handy laptop and available for sharing. And all kinds of not so great photos.
Can you say #tilecuttingfail?!?!? And then there’s the time I intentionally broke a bunch of tiles into millions of little pieces.
But today, as you read this a smattering of people I don’t know are in our apartment installing our new kitchen cabinets. (Insert inappropriate number of exclamation points here.) And I, most likely, am an annoying onlooker chomping at the bit to get my hands in there and start some organizing.
I may have busied myself last week perusing organizational aisles in our home improvement stores dreaming about handy lid dividers and shelf partitions. Big dreams!!
So let’s distract ourselves with a little peek into what things kind of look like around here these days until I can actually start stacking some plates on shelves. Kind of, because this video was taken on August 2nd. 6 months after we moved in … and almost 2 months ago.
On the up side, that means both of our babies made it in the video. 🙂 On the down side, I still apparently refuse to shower before putting myself on video. 🙁
A few noteworthy points:
- the guest bedroom looks exactly the same today, except the stove is out of the box and ready to participate in the new era of the kitchen
- we are in talks with the same company who made our kitchen cabinets to solve our
biglittle hall bathroom issue with a single vanity cabinet and built-in around the fridge which hopefully will be less in your face and more nestled into the corner
- when describing the current dish washing situation, when I say “luxurious” it is to be interpreted as something that gives me hives
- I hope you love the new cabinets and shelving in the living room as much as we do, we can’t wait to see that area complete with the built ins below … which will also solve a bit of the mess problem in the guest room with the added storage
- watching it now I’m glad we have the video evidence of this stage of the project, we have such high hopes for life-after-new-kitchen it will always be a good reminder of what the prehistoric-life-before-new-kitchen was like
- sorry, as always, for all of the lighting issues … pesky sun 😉
- 1:51 makes my heart explode