can’t even catch my breath

Man.  I have been so so busy.  Like crazy busy.

Like I can’t even catch my breath busy.

And it’s all because I discovered the devil best. thing. ever.

Apple tv.

You know it?
curacao

It really is going to be the death of me.  I imagine it’s like Netflix.  Where you can watch whole episodes of seasons passed of your favorite shows.

It all started with the season premiere of Grey’s Anatomy a few weeks ago.

Did you know last season ended with a plane crash?  And Lexi died?

Yeah, I’m sure you did.  But I didn’t.
curacao

Before we moved here 3 years ago I used to have ‘Grey’s nights’ at my house every Thursday.  My girlfriends would come over with stove top popped pop corn and wine.  We’d laugh and we’d cry and we’d hold onto every word.

And then I moved here.  Where we don’t change our time, so when you fall back, Grey’s doesn’t start until 10pm.

And me and 10pm aren’t a regular thing.  I use 10pm like Karev uses interns.  If I can’t sleep I give 10pm a chance, then I don’t call on it again until it works for me.

And my girlfriends weren’t coming over and there was no hanging on every word.
curacao

Then this year’s premiere aired and I was all “there was a plane crash?” and “holy cow, how did that happen?”

And Joel was all “you can watch the last episode of last season on apple tv”.

So I was all “make it happen, dude”.

So he was all “ok, crazy lady”.

It started with the last episode of last season.  Then I watched the 5 episodes before that. Then I decided I should just watch the last 3 years I missed.

And I haven’t been able to catch my breath since.
curacao

I realize you probably know this already but DR. SHEPARD GOT SHOT and Christina operated on him with a gun to her head and Chief Webber is an alcoholic?  And Karev became an actual adult after Izzy left him … after a few indiscretions.  And Sloan and Callie are having a baby, but Callie and Arizona got in a car accident.  And can I just say HELLOOOOO Dr. Avery!!!  Nice to meet you … yeah, totally missed the Mercy West merger thing.

It’s exhausting.
curacao

And there are no commercials.  It really, truly is the devil best thing ever.

Now, just to decide what to watch next.  I’ve heard Downton Abbey is a good option?  I think it’d be fun to watch The Big Bang Theory from the beginning, we’re late to that party.

curacao

I do still have a season and a half of Grey’s to go.  Need to figure out how that little Zola came to be.  Anyone watching knows I mean that little cutie pie is not exactly a spitting image of Grey and Shepard.

Nope, you can’t get anything past me.  ;)

Update:  I was 2 episodes away from learning about the Zola thing.  Got it now.  :)

And, pretty much the one thing I have also managed to do, in spite of being so, terribly distracted busy, is take these pictures of houses around Curacao.  Now if only I could find the time to process them all.  ;)

What do you think?  What would you watch … non-stop … without commercials?  What series should I get caught up on next?  Would you be surprised if I told you every picture in this post is a house or group of houses that is actually being lived in?

Comments

1. Kristy Rohm says

Oops…didn’t know about the plane crash…cause it comes on to late for me too…I’m waiting to get last seasons on DVD..lol I don’t want to spoil last season by watching this season so I’ll wait on it too!

Love the pics!! Miss the island :(

• says

That’s how I felt once I started watching … lesson learned … I’m just watching series from the beginning now!

I have 2 weeks of family coming to visit soon, I’m getting back into island tour guide mode. :)

I recently started watching Downton Abbey! It was like I was “possessed” watching two seasons one weekend! Now I have to wait until January for season 3 to begin in the US. Maybe I should move to the UK so I could watch it now!

3. szinteriors says

I’m so behind the times, I think I’m ahead! OK, that was corny, but seriously, hubs and I have a ton to catch up on, and right now it’s West Wing, go figure! Last was Mad Men, only now we need to see Season 5, and from there who knows? Lost? Grays? We have our Friday nights set aside for ‘date night’ and TV series catch up. So you can see how the going is slow! We buy, borrow or rent the series we’re working on. I’ll have to mention this option to him – he’s the techie guy in our household! :-)

• says

LOL, corny or not the way you guys do it is perfect! I used to LOVE West Wing … my husband hated it, he said there was too much talking. LOL But I definitely need to add Mad Men to the list!

Doctor Who and House……….. We don’t actually have cable or anything so we watch everything via computer when we want to. Can’t imagine going back to having to watch something at a specific time.

5. Becky says

I don’t know anything about the show, but I would love that first house! Or the cute row of colorful houses would be great too!

I’m working my way through Dexter – I’m at the end of season 4 right now. My husband has been watching it from the beginning so when he’s watching a new episode I go into another room and close the door. Don’t.want.to.know!

There are so many shows I’ve never watched that I’d love to see from the beginning – Veronica Mars, Friday Night Lights…

I think I’m going to start on The Walking Dead next, if I ever get caught up on Dexter.

• says

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!!! One of my favorite shows ever … I might need to watch it again just because I can. :) And Dexter … great suggestion. :)

Downton Abbey. It’s soap opera you can feel clean about watching–because it’s, like PBS, Masterpiece Theater, you know? Smart people TV. :-) And totally addicting! Just watched season 1 the past few weeks and needing to find season 2. LIke you, I’m generally out of the TV loop and years behind. I used to follow Grey’s and didn’t even know half the characters you mentioned!

Karah, Just now popping in and seeing your neat Blog! Thanx for stopping by Home Haven a while back and leaving a sweet comment. Appreciate this. I haven’t watched Grey’s in a while and I didn’t know about the crash. sniff sniff.
    Have a pleasant Autumn,
    d

Ha ha — I hardly ever watch something other than ESPN, some sport, hunting/fishing shows, or Walking Dead type shows… the perils of living in an all male household. I’d have to quit my day job to catch up on all the shows I’ve missed out on over the last several years.
    Enjoy!! Always fun to have a new toy — xo Heidi

• says

LOL, lucky for me I actually like ESPN, we definitely watch our fair share here … and the hubs talked me into the NFL Network this year … so many football games, so little time. ;)

I spent the last 2 months watching all of Grey’s so I could catch up before this season’s premeire. It is incredible! OMG!

Other shows I’m currently obsessed with: Castle, Revenge, Gossip Girl, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Glee, The Vampire Diaries and Modern Family. I have a problem…

OK I’m a tv fiend so my list is long – I would watch Dexter from the start, Downton Abby, The Big C, Nurse Jackie. If I were going back to watch shows I have already seen – Sports Night, Friday Night Lights (love, love, love) 6 Feet Under (so good) The Closer. I LOVED The West Wing, but I think it would wear on me – how out of date it is.

• says

I agree with you about going too far back and feeling out of date … but thanks for the reminder on Dexter … I’ll need to check it out!

Um, does this totally negate the whole diy-blog thing, but this is possibly one of your best posts ever!!! I love that show, and reading as you recapped your feelings (Hello, Dr Avery MAKES the show) just brought it all back.

Nothing is quite that good, but Big Bang and Downton and good Calls. I also got swept away by Scandal, on after Greys (so no chance at all you’ll stay up for it), but now that you made hte deal with the devil, I think you could try it:)

Jessica

I’ve never seen it… but I’m in deep with Walking Dead… This season’s premiere was just about the goriest yet… I had to totally cover my eyes… Oh, and Modern Family… and The Middle. That’s about all I have time for!