3 ingredient hummus

Now, we all know this isn’t a food blog.

(Was that a collective sigh of relief from those who know me in real life I just heard?)  ;)

But I have a few go-to recipes that even I can’t screw up most of the time.

I’ve even tested them at parties and gatherings and no one got sick with resounding success.  So it seems safe to share them with y’all.  Especially for those of you in the same boat.

You know who you are … not super adventurous in the kitchen but willing to give things a try and always on the look out for simple, tasty recipes to mix things up every now and again.
3 ingredient hummus

With that, I introduce to you, my 3 ingredient hummus.

Ingredients*:

• 1 15 oz can of chick peas (garbanzo beans) partially drained
  • garlic cloves to taste (I use about 4 raw or a whole head if roasted – we like our garlic)
  • olive oil to desired consistency

TIP!!! If you are looking to save calories, the less you drain your chick peas, the less olive oil you need.
3 ingredient hummus

*I think salt and pepper to taste are a part of every recipe so aren’t included in the ingredient count.

Is that cheating?  Maybe.  But my favorite teacher in high school always said “Go, Fight, Win, Kill, Cheat” so what’s a girl to do.  ;)  (Thanks for all of the valuable life lessons, Mr. Willett.)

Recipe Instructions:

• puree partially drained chick peas and garlic in food processor
  • add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
  • enjoy!

It can’t get much easier than that.
3 ingredient hummus

But, because I’m one to complicate things, if I have time, I roast my garlic first.  It adds all of that great garlic flavor, but is much sweeter than raw garlic. Just cut the top off of the head of garlic, wrap in tin foil and bake for an hour at about 350 degrees.
3 ingredient hummus

After it cools, it will squeeze right out of the garlic peel.  And if you have any leftover it is perfect to spread on a baguette for garlic bread.  Yum!
3 ingredient hummus Then just dip your favorite hummus dipper, or spread on a sandwich and enjoy!
3 ingredient hummus

Easy enough, right?!?!

And I want to get you in the loop … I have been spending one day a week with my friend Suzie walking around different neighborhoods here in Curacao.  SO fun!!!

I’ve been trying to post one picture a day on our Facebook page, so if you’re not already a fan, please click here to head on over. My photography is definitely a work in progress, kind of like my cooking, but it sure is fun getting to know my new Canon 60D … and areas of Curacao I hadn’t yet been.

And tell me … do you have any go-to 3 ingredient recipes?  Think true hummus requires tahini or at least some sesame seeds?  LOVE roasted garlic as much as I do?

And, have you heard about the fun challenge my buddy Erin initiated?  She’s calling it ‘Random acts of Craftiness’, and the first link party is today.  Her first challenge was to use game pieces in a non-traditional way, something unique, not something you saw on Pinterest.  And she asked me to be the first Cheerleader! A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Head over to His and Hers Blog to check out some unique game piece crafty inspiration.

And … if you’re looking for a way to get ALL things related to your home in order (projects, maintenance, budgets, etc) check out the awesome online resource Homezada.  It’s FREE!!

the space between

*contains an affiliate link
I just might share this at Tip JunkieBNOTPDIY Show OffPositively SplendidHome Stories A to ZHouse of HepworthsShabby Creek CottageThe 36th Avenue and Savvy Southern Style.

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

50 Responses to 3 ingredient hummus

1. Danielle says:

This looks so yummy and I’m a huge hummus fan. Love easy recipes :)

2. Anne says:

love hummus LOVE garlic love olive oil. Think this is a keeper!! lol

3. homastyle says:

I could make this!!!

4. I am absolutely making this today for lunch! Thank you for sharing! Amazing photos, by the way!

xoxo,
    Meredith & Gwyneth

5. szinteriors says:

Gosh, I used to make hummus all the time, and just realized I haven’t made it in ages :-O I do use tahini, and I never thought to roast my garlic! So I think I’ll try some hummus Karah style, and see how it goes. The less ingredients, the better for me, too! :-)

6. I love hummus and did not realize that it was that easy to make…..!!…Love it!…Happy walking Karah!!

7. Ooo, I love hummus and this is super simple! My kinda recipe — just in time for my book club tomorrow night! Thanks, Karah!
    xo Heidi

8. Yummy!! Hummus is so tasty! Thanks for the tip on garlic…I recently started cooking more with it and I HATE peeling the cloves, but now I now how to roast them!!

9. Oh yum! I haven’t roasted garlic for our hummus yet, but now I’m definitely going to have to try it!

10. oooh! I’m going to make this! soon! I just pinned a recipe for homemade pita bread. This weekend for both! Hey, if you want to cheat (like your teacher said) you can do a quick roast if you put cloves of unpeeled garlic in a frying pan and stir it around for 5-10 minutes until the peels are golden. Not quite as sweet as roasted, but not bitter like raw – and fast!

11. I love hummus, and this looks easy enough! Thanks for sharing =)

12. Pinned, making it tonight, and I love your tip about not draining too much! Plus, I can never find Tahini, which most recipes call for, so this one looks even better to me!

I let the whole ‘no tahini’ thing prevent me from making it for so long, until I realized I didn’t notice a difference without it. :)

• Robin Wilson says:

ROFL! I don’t even know what tahini is…so I am def not going to miss it when I make tonight! PS: how long will this keep..better question..how far in advance can I make?

hahaha, I hear you about the tahini! If you’re making it for tomorrow you can def make it today, the flavors will meld and be perfect tomorrow. It should stay good in the fridge for about a week, but I tend to gobble mine all up in a few days. :) Enjoy!

13. Amy says:

Oh man, I LOVE hummus. D makes some killer hummus… I’ll have to pass this along.

14. You had me at roasted garlic … mmmm!

15. Now why do I always complicate hummus so much?! Pinned. :)

16. oh YUM. I just ripped out a recipe from a magazine for hummus but I think I will use yours instead! I was even considering upgrading my food processor to make hummus…. I love it that much! :o ) thank you for sharing sweet gal!

17. Pingback: Happy Hour {3} Link Party Features | Crafty Scrappy Happy

18. Pingback: Features from Happy Hour Party | Design, Dining + Diapers

19. Yum! I love hummus & that DOES look easy! :-)

20. This is amazing, I love how you didn’t use tahini…that’s what always stops me! I’m so going to try this today!

21. Pingback: month in minutes {september 2012} - the space between

22. Marilyn says:

Karah, I love hummus. I’ll have to try your awesome recipe!

Thanks Marilyn, I’m linking to your brownie cookies on Wednesday … sharing my ineptitude in the kitchen. ;) We need a 3 ingredient recipe intervention. :)

23. Heather says:

I love Hummus Karah! And the fact that it’s so easy to whip this recipe up! Great to keep in mind for the Christmas holidays for entertaining guests easily :)

24. That looks super easy and incredibly delish!!! My daughter and I will be making some!! Thanks girl!! :)

25. theboldabode says:

Hummus is awesome and this looks lovely!

26. I’m a huge fan of Hummus and this looks awesome! :)

27. sandy says:

I grew up in the Middle East and Hummus was a staple
    on every meal table.. to this day I eat it for breakfast
    with olives.. love the stuff. I make it and buy it also
    but will try your simple recipe..Looks good!
    Sandy

28. Robin Wilson says:

I actually purchased the ingredients for a basic hummus but had no recipe…until now! And if it tastes half as good as the pics you took, I am going to be one rockin’ mom when I walk in with this tomorrow at my son’s super bowl party! So glad to have found you via #growyourgoogleplus!