foto friday 19 {preparing for a party}

Happy, happy Friday y’all!  I don’t know about you, but it has been a great week around here.  Mico got her stitches out yesterday and is progressing everyday.  We won’t find out until the end of the month if her blood work has gotten back to normal.  But for now, we are content … and feeling quite a bit lighter than a week ago.

So I am doing what any normal person would do under these circumstances … I’m planning a par-tay!!

A pool party to be exact!  With a few of my favorite gal pals.  A day where we can just hang out and DIY chill by the pool.  You don’t think I’m getting a group of friends together without putting them to work, do you?!?!

So yesterday, my friend Liz and I did a little party prepping and found ourselves in a store here in Curacao called Techniek & Design.  We were actually on the look out for seat cushions for her poolside stools … but you wouldn’t know it from these pictures.  ;)  Here’s a little store tour if you will.

It’s a fairly new store that is set up kind of warehouse style.

Here’s a wooden fish I liked.

A few wicker fish … we like our fish here.  :)
A seat cover with a quote we liked.
A bowl full of BIG capiz shells.
A chicken wire basket thingy that I thought might not be hard to try to make.
Who doesn’t love a twig ball.  Or is it a ball of twigs?
Liz ran me down to tell me I NEEDED to see these … and she was right.
Wood slat trays and tables … don’t they remind you of old gym floors?

And then Liz prayed someone would bring her an outdoor shower for her pool area.  Good luck with that.
Ok, a chicken wire basket is one thing … but I actually walked by this twine stool and thought ‘how hard could that be, it’s just jute?’.
And then I thought ‘if Kelly were here, she would totally kick me in the face for thinking that’.  And I’d thank her for it.  :)

I thought these colorful bar stools were pretty cool.
And, I actually bought something off this table … what’s your best guess???
And, after all of that, I am happy to report, we did find some seat cushions for those poolside bar stools at a different store (the hardware store I showed you here). We did have to suffer through a not-so-comfy-cushion-sit-test first, however.

Now, here’s the full scoop.  We are having a pool party.  And there will be DIY projects involved.  And we will be attempting to make the most of Liz’s outdoor seating area by her pool.

And, here’s what you should do.  Head over to Hometalk.com right now to share your posts about your favorite outdoor seating areas.  And be sure to give some details in your Hometalk post.

On Monday, the Hometalk Facebook page, with over 400k followers, is going to be publishing a photo album with all photos picked from posts on Hometalk.com.  They’ll be selecting the most compelling posts.  And they will be tagging the blogs on their Facebook page for the photos they use.

So, have you signed up yet?  If not, join Hometalk today by clicking here.  If you have, I’d love to hear your feedback. :)

And you can follow along with the Hometalk Facebook page here. And, follow Hometalk on Pinterest here.

And, if you want to stay up with what I’m doing on Hometalk you can find me here.

AND, if you want to learn how you can throw a house party hosted by Hometalk click here.

And let me know if you do post your outdoor spaces over there, I want to see them too!

Then, I hope you have a great weekend … there a couple of things that I am really excited about coming to the blog (in addition to the pool party) … I can’t wait to share them with you.  Stay tuned.  :)

*I am part of the Hometalk Ambassador team, however, the opinions expressed here are entirely my own.  Please visit my disclosurepage for more details.*

Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to foto friday 19 {preparing for a party}

1. Teri says:

The jute step stool isn’t hard to make at all! In starting you have to remember to put in the ‘warp’ loosely because it tightens up as you weave. From there the hardest part is not loosing count as you weave!

Wow, thank you for the tips!!! I think the hardest part would be the counting … and keeping my concentration long enough to actually finish it. Thank you so much for the tip on keeping the warp loose … smart!! Happy Friday.

2. What a great store…I could wander in that store for hours…so many great things and ideas!…I can definitely see your creative mind churning…Have lots of fun with your friends! Sounds like a great party…can’t wait to see the results!

3. This looks like a super fun store! Lots of good things to get inspiration from!

4. Love that stool! But that $179 pricetag – is that in US dollars??? Heck yea, you can make that. I can’t wait for the tutorial! Enjoy your weekend!

And thanks for letting us know about the Hometalk thing on Monday! I posted a little bit of my own Caribbean! Eat your heart out! ( http://www.hometalk.com/member/fxxr4s9u4d)

5. Looks like a great store. I love those bar stools =) I am guessing you bought the little lantern on the left…

6. Look at all those goodies! Ahh I still need to sign up for Hometalk!!

7. thistle says:

I need a stool like that Better Homes and Gardens orange one! That store looks amazing….but not as amazing as your party is going to be!

blessings,

8. I love a pool party with diy projects (and drinks)!

9. Looks like a fun shopping expedition! Love those metal Better Homes stools — they’d look awesome with your beer bottle chandelier. :-)
    Cheers! xo Heidi

10. Anne says:

I love the fish!!! all of ‘em! Cute store, tfs!
    xox

11. anne says:

What a super cool store!!!Lots and lots of super coolness.Hmmm I have no idea what you bought.I am sure you walked out with a bunch.How could you not in that store.Can’t wait to see your pool party!
    (((Hugs)))
    Anne

12. What can I bring to the pool party?! Tequila? Hammers? Paint? I’ll catch the next flight out!

Did you buy a cloche? Or would your dogs knock it over? Can you actually make your own glass cloche? If anyone can, it would be you!

Can’t wait to see the action at the pool party (what happens at the pool party, stays on this blog)!

13. How fun! Love seeing your life in pics ! I just started a new Fun Photo Fridays link party for these type of posts. Come over and join me!

14. pretty freaking awesome store. I’m kind of digging those bar stools. Although it’s hard just to pick out just one favorite. I posted my outdoor space. Have fun w/ your party!

15. Karen says:

Ay Karah… you just seem so FUN! I can’t wait to see how this all unfolds. :-)

16. Robin says:

So glad to hear about Mico’s progress. And oh how I wish I could walk into a store and buy a bag of capiz shells … I so want to hack / upgrade a ceiling fixture into a capiz shell chandelier. I have no idea what you purchased from that table so of course, I will stay tuned.
    Robin @ happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com

17. Hi Karah, I’m glad to hear your pup is healing well. Prayers that the blood work comes back ok.

18. Karen says:

What a fun store! If I ever visit you there on your little island, I want to go shopping at this store. Glad I missed the seat cushion test though…..