foto friday 14 {dominican replublic – off the beaten path style}

Well, we are still enjoying our little vacation so I thought it only fitting to share with you some photos of a vacation we took last year to the Dominican Republic.  Most people know of places like Punta Cana and Puerto Plata and stay in all-inclusive resorts with all the amenities anyone could wish for.

But we tend to travel just a little bit differently.  I hope you enjoy some of the highlights from our very off the beaten path journey through small fishing villages in the DR.

Enjoy your weekend, see you back here next week.  :)

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to foto friday 14 {dominican replublic – off the beaten path style}

1. Karen says:

Did the waterfall really look that lavender? Gorgeous! Oh, and the beautiful children!

2. Amazing how differently they live than us! It’s always a good reminder that we are so blessed (but I bet they dont realize that they live in one of the most beautiful places in the world.)

3. Beautiful photos as usual! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

4. It looks like you really got to see the countryside. Love the pink house with the cat : )

5. Robin says:

Gorgeous photos. Looks like you had fun playing the board game (don’t know the name) with the young men. Love that as you travel you meet and spend time with the locals, now that’s really getting to know the area. Hope there will be photos from the current va-cay as well.

6. Beautiful! So interesting to see a different side of a vacation destination :)

7. cassie says:

aaaaah-mazing!!! one day i really will show up and you will be stuck with me.

8. Janet says:

Ever consider professional photography?

9. Pingback: Twoje foty » Blog Archive » foto friday 14 {the DR – off the beaten path style} | the space between

10. That’s how I like to vacation. With the natives. Off the beaten path. Hanging like a local …

Gorgeous photos!

11. Your photos are truly incredible! Makes me want to hop on a plane and hang with the locals!

12. Liza says:

my kind of vacation! thank you for sharing & allowing us to enjoy the DR vicariously!

13. Karen says:

So beautiful! This is the third time in 24 hours I have read or heard something about the Dominican Republic. Yesterday I watched “House Hunters International”, the featured couple were buying a house in Punta Cana. So gorgeous. So different from my life. Thanks for sharing.

14. sherry says:

Karah, your photos tell a beautiful story of DR! Excellent shots…thanks so much for sharing.

15. Kristy Rohm says:

Karah….when my husband and I cruise we do the same…try to find the real city or town…the real people!! Thanks for sharing…love DR

16. Suzie says:

Your photos are wonderful!

17. Melissa@TheHappierHomemaker says:

I just found your blog through a comment you left on mine and I can’t believe I haven’t visited before-it’s wonderful! Your pictures of the Dominican Republic are gorgeous-I honeymooned there years ago. I’m so happy to have found your blog, I’m a new follower!

18. Pingback: month in minutes {june 2012} the space between