foto friday 8 {dog days}

Happy Friday y’all!

It’s no secret that I have a love affair with these ladies.
We got them both at 8 weeks old and they really are my best buds.  Mico will be 10 this year and Marley turns 11 in July.  And to say that I am dreading everything that comes with watching them age is an understatement.  Deep sigh.

One little bit of random island information is that there are A LOT of dogs.  Street dogs, stray dogs, house dogs, you name it. But, it’s not common at all to put your dog on a leash and go for a walk around the ‘hood.

But the girls and I, we’ve never really been common, so we take our daily stroll and attract quite a bit of attention.  I brought my camera along one day to try to capture some of the craziness.

This little guy has a much bigger counterpart that would not hold still long enough to be photographed.

These two look pretty intimidating, but are just big softies.

This one just cracks me up.

If it looks like this guy is growling at us, it’s because he is.

I love the dopey dog look here.

This white puppy is a new addition this week, too cute.

This guy is always laying in wait as we approach and then he runs up and down along his fence barking his lungs out.

I think this guy is a little crazytown.

One curious observer with one barking betty.

And then our neighbor’s cuties.  Katja and Kate.  I told you all the story of our neighbor and her dogs during my 12 Days of Kindness.  She has since moved out and a wonderful couple has moved in with these two, super friendly and cute pups. Doesn’t Katja just look like she’s asking my girls “can’t I please just come with you?”.  Adorable.

I hope you enjoyed the walk.  Have a wonderful weekend.  Do you have anything fun planned?  We have friends visiting, so that means we get to pretend we’re on a Caribbean vacation, too.  And I’ll be sure to do it with camera in hand.  Should be fun.  :)

And check out previous foto fridays here, here and here.

Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to foto friday 8 {dog days}

1. What an eclectic bunch – each one reminds me of some gals I know!!

Katja looks like she’s trying to mind signal you with a, “get me away from this Cujo, foaming at the mouth Kate!”

Have a great weekend with your friends – lounge on a chaise and have a cocktail for me!

2. Anne says:

lol! Love them all! So cute, tfs!!

xox

3. thistle says:

Awwwww Karah! This post is adorable. I love the sweet little face grinning from under the bars. Your dogs have an incredible mom.

Have a great weekend!
    me

4. So cute! So many friends (or not?).

5. Vonda says:

Just saw you featured on DIY Showoff. I’m your newest follower. Can’t wait to catch up on old posts and follow you along as you ‘upgrade’ the rental in paradise! Lucky Girl!

6. Nancy Carr says:

Love dogs. Have 3 of my own. I am on a permanent Caribbean vacation where I live in Vieques, Puerto Rico. Isn’t life wonderful?

7. I puppy love this post! I tried to get Ernie to read it but he’s too busy snoring …

8. Thanks for showing us your cuties, and the neighborhood dogs as well!
    Makes me really miss my sweet Libby. She was my 10 year old golden retriever that passed away last fall while my husband was deployed to Afghanistan. Double heartache, since he never got to say goodbye.
    Dogs are such a gift! All of that unconditional love.
    Thanks for sweet pooches with us today!
    xo-Lisa

9. oops…should say, sharing your sweet pooches…

10. Karah, I love this post! You captured so many great photos of those dogs.

11. Robin says:

Beaver and I just returned from a walk so great timing to read your post … hugs from Beaver to your pups :) Shame that walking dogs isn’t much of an island custom but at least it looks like they all have plenty of room to run! Love that photo of “the nose” in the center of the decorative cement block! Have a great visit with your friends!

12. This whole post just made me smile!! Whole lotta doggie love goin’ on … thanks for sharing, Karah. :)
    xo Heidi

13. Karen says:

You do attract a bit of attention! Wouldn’t you love to hear what they are saying to your dogs. To bad barking doesn’t come with subtitles. I love the schnaz in the hole photo… oh and the eyes in the first photo, sigh…

14. Betsy says:

Well that was just too much fun looking at all those dogs..SO cute!

15. Sue Reincke says:

Give the girls hugs from us!

16. Catharine Fox says:

Great photos! I think I recognize some of those pooches. Cap sends his regards to his cousins.

17. I’m not really a dog person, but I can see why people like them so much. One thing I never notice “in person” is how precious their paws look in these poses – they (the paws) are such an integral part of the picstures.

18. oh my dear friend — each picture touches my heart in a different way — your photos are amazing and your girls are beautiful but you know that i feel like that all ready! i wish that each and everyone of them could live a life of love and that is one of my top wishes in life that they all have homes and that they are all loved and cared for!

your little girls faces are as sweet as sugar and each little grey hair on their face makes them more and more beautiful! i am sending you and them and mr between a big hug!

why am i crying? hugs….love you and your heart

19. Sarah says:

Awww. So cute.

20. So many sweet puppy faces :-) It’s strange that people in your neighbourhood don’t bring their dogs for walks. I take mine out every day, and we go to the dog park whenever we can.

Love the shot of the dog with his nose poking into the circle :-)

My big excitement this weekend will be going to Comicon – yes, I’m willingly going to surround myself with geeks dressed as comic book superheroes! Hubby wants to go, and I thought I’d tag along – strictly for the entertainment factor :-)

Have fun playing tourist with your friends :-)

21. Pingback: fall craft {pumpkin} - the space between

22. Barb says:

I love your picture of the “big softies” because we have a mastiff cross and a rottie too. And yes, they are big softies themselves!

Great pictures!