foto friday 6 {where i walk}

So yesterday my dear friend Kari from Thistlewood Farm posted a fun little post about where she walks … and it turns out, it was for a good cause.

I learned that one of Kari’s sisters, Whitney, (exactly how many sisters Kari has is unclear…they seem to be coming out of the woodwork these days), works for The American Heart Association and in honor of National Walking Day (April 4, 2012), they launched a contest on their Pinterest page.

All you have to do is pin a photo of where you walk and you’ll be entered for a random drawing and a chance to win one of five iPod Shuffles and a $25 iTunes Gift Card. Fun right?!?

I first showed you where I walk when I trimmed back the overgrowth as part of my little Kindness Project.  And I just so happened to be back there walking some more on Monday with my handy dandy camera.

Mico also does some swimming … and always learns the hard way that the birds are farther away than they seem.  Always!

This is also the same walk where we found the long board.  And this time we came across a bit of a ship dingy wreck.

So I suggest you all “take a hike” this weekend.  And then pin a picture of it.  :)

If you’d like to see previous foto fridays you can check them out here, here, here, here and here.

And if you’d like to know more about National Walking Day or get tips and info for your health find your local Facebook page here: www.heart.org/swaonline or follow them on Twitter: www.twitter.com/heart_south.

Contest Guidelines

1.       Take a walk and snap a pic of your favorite path.

2.       Pin it on your Pinterest account and add #walkit in the description.  Then tweet us your username @heartsouth or leave a comment on the contest post on our blog (www.swavolunteer.blogspot.com) and we’ll find you and re-pin it to our Walk It board.

3.       You’ll be eligible to win one of five prize packages (iPod Shuffle-4th generation and a $25 iTunes gift card to buy some new walking tunes!).

4.       Contest runs 4/4/12 – 4/25/12, winners selected in a random drawing.

Don’t know where to walk?  Check our walking paths app to find a path in your area:http://www.startwalkingnow.org. All entries must be uploaded by Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:59pm EST. Happy Pinning!

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to foto friday 6 {where i walk}

1. I am totally jealous of your walking route!

2. Kristy Rohm says:

OOO Can’t wait to do this. I walk through a covered bridge…I love this bridge and will take a picture tonight!

3. joy2journey says:

You have a beautiful view when you walk. Consider me jealous! :)
    Bj

4. Cindy says:

Thanks for letting my know. You walk in a gorgeous area!
    Hugs, Cindy

5. I just groaned with jealousy! I wish I could walk there! It’s so beautiful!

6. creativeinchi says:

Look at all that interesting stuff on the beach with the red boat wreck. I don’t know if I would do much more walking if came accross that beach.
    On another note I am taking my sea glass obsession to pinterest and making a “what to do with sea glass” board. Would you like to be a contributor?

7. Karah – thank you so much for featuring the contest (I’m Kari’s sister Whitney). I really appreciate it! Kari told me a little about you and I was instantly jealous…I want to live on a Caribbean island!!!! Thanks for walking and pinning!

8. I could walk for miles if that was my view and my path …

9. Katherines Corner says:

I would love to walk here xo

10. That last photo is stunning! I’d love to walk your route!

11. You must have the most beautiful walking path of anyone on the entire interwebs.

12. sherry says:

Karah, you look like you have such a lovely walk…so peaceful & calm. Thanks for sharing pics.

13. Karah,

I love where you walk and Whitney told me to tell you thank you….but can we still discuss how fabulous the setting for your pilates class is :)

14. debbiewestbrooks says:

Awesome walk, did you drag that dingy home? I would have ;) now I just need to walk, and take a picture!
    Debbie

15. Came over from Facebook – Love those shots of where you walk, I especially like the shot of the busted up red boat. If you enter memes, I host one on my blog called ‘Weekly Top Shot,’ I’d love to see you share that shot with me and my readers… here’s the link: http://www.theviewfromrighthere.com/blog/?p=7002 :-)

16. thistle says:

Karah,

I just wanted to stop by again and tell you how much I love the new web-site :) It is so friendly and welcoming and full of joy……just like you my wonderful friend :)

:) me

17. Shannon Fox says:

What a lovely walk. And such pretty, organic photos! Thanks for taking me with you ;)

18. Still lovin’ that red boat… Thank you Karah, for sharing on ‘Weekly Top Shot.’ I hope you come share your photographer’s eye again next week…

19. Emily says:

LOVE the new look, girl!! You’re blog is smokin’ hottt. ;)

And, goodness, your pictures are gorgeous!! You are very good at capturing your world. Talented, talented!

20. Peter B says:

Love that last photo… great sky and colors.

21. Kari says:

I love the new site!!!!
    I am giving you the Versatile Blogger Award!!

22. Anne says:

Oh wow, Karah! Love that beach! and your pooch is adorable. Thanks for sharing your walk, it’s gorgeous!

23. malia says:

Karah! What gorgeous photos and what a great cause. Wishing you an amazing day! xoxoxo Malia

24. Pingback: foto friday 7 {hyatt regency curacao} the space between