glass jar repurpose {upcycle}

Hey, hey … happy hump day.

I have a fun, easy little jar up-cycle for you today.  I know, I know…It’s a Cinch was SOOO last week, but easy peasy, lemon breezy projects are addicting.

The satisfaction of a completed project is so satisfying.

This is coming from a girl who has been working on a door turned something-or-other project for what…like 2 years months?!?!  It’s coming along, really it is kind of.

But my filing-cabinet-files-organization-project-turned-filing-cabinet-upgrade project has turned into a mini office organization project.  And I just so happened to have been washing out and holding onto empty glass jars without any real plan for use.

Until I thought they’d make great little office item organizers.  I just didn’t like the look of the lid threading around the top, so I wrapped and hot glued some jute.

Then I taped around each jar and used a glue stick to adhere some beach sand for additional texture.
And then, because I can’t leave well enough alone, I added a few small shells and pieces of sea glass.
I stopped that after two jars because my little supply corner was getting a bit busy for my taste.  I like the touches of color, but do love me a good monochromatic look. Especially one made with natural elements – jute and sand.

So now I have pens, pencils, binder clips, tacks, paper clips, and rubber bands in a variety of jars on my work space and newly updated file cabinet … which I am also now using as a magnet board.  Bonus!
So happy I’ve taken this baby out of the corner.  She has definitely gotten me moving on a my work space/office upgrade.

This is the first time in the over 2 years we’ve been in this house that I’m creating spaces that are bit of a reflection of me.  Jaime might even call them “Karah projects”.  They make me happy.  :)

To see another great jar upcycle idea you need to see what Natalie did.  And, if you’ve repurposed any glass jars, I’d love if you share them here.

One more pic for fun …

Enjoy your space today!

Comments

• creativeinchi says

Kelly, I bought a big bag back from Florida the last time I was down there…got stopped going through security and had to have it tested for drugs!

Anything with tropical sand, sea glass and jute makes my little heart go pitter patter! Really love these. And am so jealous of the whole tropical sand.

And it seems, so far, the comments thread is working for me.

It could be an internet browser issue … I have and use both MS and Firefox and sometimes one or the other restrict access …

I wish wish wish we could get Sea glass here. Love your jars – Im doing a few more… And thank you so much for the lovely shout out hugs xx Nat

karah,

I laughed out loud when I read your comment on my blog. I should have added “lipstick wearing.” Why didn’t I think of that. And why didn’t I think of making these Caribbean organizers! I love the top with all that texture.

Have a blessed and wonderful day.
    :) me

I’ve seen a lot of versions for repurposed glass jars and the one thing that had me not fully enthusiastic about the results was the glass jar threading … bothered me for some reason. Now with that jute you wrapped around those threads the original function is hidden; great idea.

5. andrea cammarata says

this is so awesome and so you!!!!! LOVE it and there are just so many possibilities! you really rock at original and fabulous projects! this is one that i am going to try! : ) thanks for sharing my friend and thanks for the kind words — what you said about the header was EXACTLY what i was going for : ) so THANK YOU sooooo much! sending holiday hugs! much love! ENJOY and tons of hugs for the pups!

6. kellyatvatw says

I love your little “Karah project,” it is so cute! :) Any project that includes a glue stick gets a thumbs-up from me!