it’s a cinch link party

Hey y’all!!

I’m back!  Vacation was fantastic!  Loved it so much!

Fun times with a great family, adorable nephew, funny brother, sister-in-law who thought the strike through was showing my blog mistakes.  (Sure do love you Bonnie!!)

And too many “just blog about it” jokes to go around.  My sweet, sweet mother didn’t even come to my defense…apparently I have a bit of a blog audition going on here, too.

Sure do love you family.  :)

And … after vacation … it’s always fun to be at the gate in the airport going to Curacao  … when I’m heading home.  Smile.

So, there’s really no complaining here.

But have you ever had those days when you thought you would be getting all crafty.

And your afternoon ends up looking a lot more like this …

Fun, right?!?!

Do the Curacao tax people not know I’d rather be crafting?  :)

But, if I don’t have time to craft at least there’s time for me to take a look at what you’re crafting so I’m co-hosting the It’s a Cinch link party TODAY with my girls!!!

the space between

Truth be told I did whip up this little spring wreath just for fun.

I used a wreath form I had bought on sale after Christmas, covered it with old fabric (mine happens to be dog bed material…don’t judge, it’s clean!) and wrapped with some jute.  And then I just did what I thought looked good.  I cut out a birdie and a few flower shapes from a cereal box, painted them different colors.  Hot glued a few pieces of driftwood (you could also use sticks), hot glued the flowers on the “branches”, hot glued small pieces of seaglass in the middle of each flower….and then decided to paint on a polka dot detail to give it a little more Spring in it’s step!  Sometimes the best plan is to not have one at all…then you can’t ever be wrong.

And the project is always a cinch.  :)

Update:  I even hung my wreath by the super simple hanging tip found here.

So now let’s see what your cinchy projects and tips are.  I’m looking forward to pinning and facebooking so many new ideas.

The  It’s a Cinch party is open until March 30th at midnight and we’ll be posting some party highlights next Tuesday!

And then go check in on my friends:
Kelly at Eclectically Vintage
Linda at it all started with paint
Andrea at The Cottage Market
Kari at Thistlewood Farm

And, if you haven’t decided to Pass It On yet … check in here for some inspiration!  I’d love to see if you do Pass It On … please feel free to link it to my Facebook page.  :)

the space between

Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to it’s a cinch link party

1. your vacation looks amazing — your wreath is cinchy perfection but the other stuff a bit more overwhelming those tax people should get it together and know that blogging is much more important : ) hugs!

2. Your vacation looks awesome! This is such a pretty wreath. I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-7.html

Mrs. Delightful

3. Welcome back from vacation to …. a vacation place!

Love, love that wreath.

So happy to co-host this fabulous party with you (and the other ladies of course) …

4. Stacey says:

A perfect ‘beachy’ spring wreath! Love your ideas!!

5. Welcome back! I love your wreath! It’s so cute! And I got my gift in the mail! I’ll be posting about it tomorrow! :)

6. Yippie you’re back! Your wreath is so inviting – does that mean I’m invited to Curacao?!
    Here’s to another fabulous party!

7. sherry says:

Looks like you and your family had a fantastic time! Oh, I do like your spring wreath…

8. Your spring wreath is so charming :-) Love that the sea glass & driftwood give it a bit of a beachy vibe :-)

As you said, sometimes the best projects are the ones that just sort of evolve as you go along. It’s always fun to just let your creativity flow and see where you end up :-)

{If you send me your address, I might very well end up hand-delivering the BEACH letters! ;-) }

9. Welcome back!! Cute pictures (and, cute SIL Bonnie! That made me laugh!)

I linked up a couple of my recent projects that are a CINCH to make ;-)

10. Welcome home! It looks like you had fun! Your wreath is precious! I love it! Who knew a dog bed could turn into this! Thanks for hosting! I made an easy French document memo board for this.

11. Thank you for the invite to your party! I love your wreath, what cute fabric…must have been a very stylish dog bed :) Looks like you had a wonderful time at Disney, glad you are all back..it always feels good to come home after a vacation.

Enjoy your week!

12. The wreath looks great! Welcome back. :)

13. Jean says:

Thanks for the invite! I’ll be linking back to you and exploring your blog! :-)

14. Wonderful wreath! And great vacation pictures. We’re headed to WDW in a few months for our annual trip. What fun! Thanks for sharing at Handmade Tuesdays.

15. Pingback: Adventures with Tin-Tin: Ceiling tin magnetic board

16. nana629 says:

For a minute I thought you were going to list your taxes as part of the “cinch” project. The paperwork reduction act wasn’t THAT good, but maybe better in Curacao!
    Whitney

17. Thanks for stopping by my site and suggesting to join your link party! What a fun idea! I posted your button on my blog!

18. cassidy says:

Haha! Dang tax people they should know better! Your wreath turned out fabulous!! Love the detailing of the bird and branches. So gorgeous!

19. Cute and springly festive! Thanks for hosting another fun party!

20. Shannon Fox says:

Looks like you had a fantastic vacation! The wreath is darling and I love the sea glass accents on the flowers. So island style diy =)

21. Robin says:

Hi Karah,

Just stopping in to say thanks for hosting the “It’s a Cinch” link party. I’ve enjoyed visiting the posts and have snagged a few ideas and a lot of inspiration. Now if I can just figure out where to plug-in and download some motivation it will be all good :)

Robin
    happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com

22. Oh my, take a bow!

You’ve put a “spring” in my step with your creative loveliness.

Have a blessed day!

23. Claire says:

Hi Karah!

I think your wreath covers all bases and counts as a submission to all the Spring parties! Great idea for a way to use sea glass :) So pretty!

Thanks for letting me know about the Link Party.

- Claire

24. taxes…..yuk! there’s got to be an easier simpler way!

It’s amazing what you can do with a cereal box…..your wreath is adorable. Happy Spring

Miles of Smiles ~ Lynn @ thevintagenest

25. Dee says:

I hope you will share this starting tonight at The CSI Project, The challenge is Spring Vignettes and Decor. That includes Easter. It will be a great party!!! Lots of inspiration.

hugs,
    Dee, the CSI Girl

26. OK…now that is what I need to do…combine 4 things (themes) into one!!…Great wreath/craft/paint project!!!…now if you put in on your “mantel, then I will really be jealous!

Very creative!!…glad you had a great time a Disney..well, I guess you cannot help but have a great time…we were there in December…then went to Legoland..now that was awesome!

27. Christine says:

You make me laugh! Thanks :)

Thank you so very much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

28. Sweet wreath! Thank you for hosting a sweet party, too!

29. Pingback: if i were a tax document … « the space between

30. Cameron says:

So many fun and easy ideas – what a great idea you all had!

31. Cindy says:

That’s a great idea and it looks very Spring like!
    CIndy

32. Tara says:

Great job w/ the wreath. (It may be sick and run but I kinda enjoy doing out taxes each year-but not as much as crafting)

33. Pingback: Wall of art: | : Our not too fancy kitchen art gallery projectThis (sorta) Old Life

34. Jessica says:

Thanks for letting me know about this!!!

35. Samantha says:

Disney World might just be my favorite place in the whole wide world. I love it more than my kids and my family laughs at my addiction! Sorry I didn’t have anything for the Cinch party, next time, next time! But I have enjoyed perusing some of the links!

36. Your wreath is stunning! And it is in my price range!!! I am following you on Linky, will you follow me back?

37. Pingback: foto friday {curacao memories} « the space between

38. Pingback: it’s a cinch {party features} « the space between

39. Pingback: glass jar upgrade and upcycle « the space between

40. I love this wreath!! I’m featuring it later today!!

41. Pingback: month in minutes: march « the space between