foto friday 1 {curacao}

Happy Friday.

Just for fun, I thought I’d try something new and share a few things I saw this week.

I pass this church all the time and I finally got stuck at the red light long enough to take a pic…too bad it was a gray day in Curacao.  Imagine it with a bright blue sky back drop.  :)

Our view during a little lunch date…luckily not a gray day.  :)

A typical evening in our house.  Me admiring the gallery wall while at least one dog and one husband sleep on the couch watch tv.
My Valentine’s Day card from Joel.  Someone knows what my favorite price is.  :)
 And, I may or may not have done some dumpster diving.

I also carried a 1 x 8 x 16 foot long piece of perfectly drifted wood home from an afternoon dog walk.  Now I just need to figure out what to make with it.  A coffee table?  Shelving?

Here’s a sneak peak…picture this sixteen feet long.  :)
What would you make with a 16 foot long, 8 inch wide and 1 inch think rusty, partially painted piece of wood?

Have anything fun planned for the weekend?  Do you carry long boards home from the beach?  Funny story – when I texted Joel to tell him I might need help carrying a long board home, he was picturing me carrying a long board surf board.  Now that I type that…it doesn’t seem as funny as it was in real life.  :/

I am going to share Foto Friday with the Wordless Wednesday gals.
Project Alicia, Flip Flops & PearlsLive and Love … Out LoudNap Time Mom Togand then she snappedThe Paper MamaParenting by DummiesA Fresh PerspectiveNOLA MommyBaby Baby LemonDagmar’s MomsenseBetter in Bulk

Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to foto friday 1 {curacao}

1. Thank you for that peek into your life on Curacao. Please do it more often. Some of us are just trying to survive winter (though, not complaining much this year. It’s been a mild one so far).

I just love that you live on a tropical island … and can carry drift wood home from the beach!

2. Zoe says:

Love the photos!

3. Thanks for sharing a little bit of life on an island! I love that worn and wooden board! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

blessings,

4. Christine says:

Oh my goodness!!! You live in a BEAUTIFUL place!!!!!!!

I’m following you too :)

5. I am dying over this! Those pictures! Your finds! *drool*

6. Robin says:

I also would love to see photos of your every day activities, out and about in Curacao. I once stopped in Curacao as a cruise port of call and took (what I assume) were lovely photos, but the film was lost and I have nothing from that trip. {Yes, this was a few years ago when we actually used film} . Passing under the drawbridge on a very tall ship was quite an experience.

7. Samantha says:

Wow! What an awesome view! I could never get tired of it!

8. Cindy says:

Great photos, I love the photo of the church.
    Cindy

9. everything is so gorgeous and that church rocks but not as much as that cutie pie pup!!!! the blue sky in the one picture is AMAZING!!!! i mean talk about BLUE!!!! WOW!!!!! love the wood piece and i can’t wait to see what you create! how cool is that going to be! as cool as the card…FREE! : ) hugs…

10. Love the pics! That church is amazing! Hmmmm 16 foot long dirftwood. Would make a neat sideboard top or shelves. I can picture a piece of it hanging from a tree as a swing! A nice mantel if you have a fireplace? Please let us know what you decide to do with it – it looks really cool! Hugs, Leena

11. That Valentine’s card is classic! :-) The picture of the church is amazing. It actually looks cool against the grey sky – it seems to fade into the sky.

What to do with the board of wood…. hmmmm…. my first thought is to look for some pretty corbels and turn the board into a shelf. Then I thought if you cut it down into four 4 foot long pieces, you could make a headboard for a twin size bed. Or cut it into random lengths and create a piece of art to hang on the wall.

12. Tori says:

Great Photos:) I love that you dragged a piece of driftwood back! Im following you back on LF! Have a great weekend!

13. Kim says:

Very striking photos, especially of the church!

14. What a lovely site you have! That church, wow, it’s beautiful. Thanks for stopping by and following me–I’ve returned the favor!

15. Definitely keep the pics coming so I can live vicariously thru you! That church is a beauty – my girls make fun of my every time we pass a church because I always point out how beautiful they are!

I can relate to your driftwood carrying story – on a walk with the hubs, I lugged a gigantic branch back to the car – poking and pricking stray passerby as I went. He refused to help me (and he’s normally pretty nice). I wasn’t letting go of my prize!

Can’t wait to see what you make out of that ginormous piece of wood.

16. Debbie says:

Amazing photo! Great find on the board! Pretty view! Have a great weekend!
    Debbie

17. Shiloh says:

Absolutely beautiful pictures. I miss skies and water like that.:)
    Thanks so much for stopping by Everyday Gameplan.:)

18. Those photos look unreal! Beautiful!

And hooray for the free card. I was going to buy my husband one until I flipped it over and saw it was $7.99 Yikes.

19. Love it and I wish I was so creative and could come up with awesome ideas for your new find, but I’m not talented in that area… unfortunately! : (

But I am following you back now! : )

-Mel the Crafty Scientist

20. Joy P says:

Stunning colour in the photos. You made me laugh with your Valentine Card and really long driftwood find. I am going to follow you right back.
    Joy

21. Jae says:

the view during the lunch date is fantastic! beautiful!

22. Mandi says:

Beautiful photos. I’m trying my hand a taking a picture a day this year. So far I have not failed. I think I will stick around to see what you make out of your board. Visiting from FFP link up.

23. Teresa says:

These are all great pictures, but that church is just amazing!

24. Mrs. SLPS says:

I LOVE that gallery wall! What a fab idea. I think I’m going to steal this idea for a wall in which I’m having some difficulty. And that door find, how fabulous! Sounds like something I would do! Thanks for stopping over at Flip Flops and Pearls today! I love finding all these fabulous new blogs. Have a great day!

25. Absolutely love all the photos – and your cool finds! :)

Stinky Cats