foto friday 1 {curacao}

Happy Friday.

Just for fun, I thought I’d try something new and share a few things I saw this week.

I pass this church all the time and I finally got stuck at the red light long enough to take a pic…too bad it was a gray day in Curacao.  Imagine it with a bright blue sky back drop.  :)

Our view during a little lunch date…luckily not a gray day.  :)

A typical evening in our house.  Me admiring the gallery wall while at least one dog and one husband sleep on the couch watch tv.
My Valentine’s Day card from Joel.  Someone knows what my favorite price is.  :)
 And, I may or may not have done some dumpster diving.

I also carried a 1 x 8 x 16 foot long piece of perfectly drifted wood home from an afternoon dog walk.  Now I just need to figure out what to make with it.  A coffee table?  Shelving?

Here’s a sneak peak…picture this sixteen feet long.  :)
What would you make with a 16 foot long, 8 inch wide and 1 inch think rusty, partially painted piece of wood?

Have anything fun planned for the weekend?  Do you carry long boards home from the beach?  Funny story – when I texted Joel to tell him I might need help carrying a long board home, he was picturing me carrying a long board surf board.  Now that I type that…it doesn’t seem as funny as it was in real life.  :/

I am going to share Foto Friday with the Wordless Wednesday gals.
Project Alicia, Flip Flops & PearlsLive and Love … Out LoudNap Time Mom Togand then she snappedThe Paper MamaParenting by DummiesA Fresh PerspectiveNOLA MommyBaby Baby LemonDagmar’s MomsenseBetter in Bulk

Comments

Thank you for that peek into your life on Curacao. Please do it more often. Some of us are just trying to survive winter (though, not complaining much this year. It’s been a mild one so far).

I just love that you live on a tropical island … and can carry drift wood home from the beach!

I also would love to see photos of your every day activities, out and about in Curacao. I once stopped in Curacao as a cruise port of call and took (what I assume) were lovely photos, but the film was lost and I have nothing from that trip. {Yes, this was a few years ago when we actually used film} . Passing under the drawbridge on a very tall ship was quite an experience.

3. andrea cammarata says

everything is so gorgeous and that church rocks but not as much as that cutie pie pup!!!! the blue sky in the one picture is AMAZING!!!! i mean talk about BLUE!!!! WOW!!!!! love the wood piece and i can’t wait to see what you create! how cool is that going to be! as cool as the card…FREE! : ) hugs…

Love the pics! That church is amazing! Hmmmm 16 foot long dirftwood. Would make a neat sideboard top or shelves. I can picture a piece of it hanging from a tree as a swing! A nice mantel if you have a fireplace? Please let us know what you decide to do with it – it looks really cool! Hugs, Leena

That Valentine’s card is classic! :-) The picture of the church is amazing. It actually looks cool against the grey sky – it seems to fade into the sky.

What to do with the board of wood…. hmmmm…. my first thought is to look for some pretty corbels and turn the board into a shelf. Then I thought if you cut it down into four 4 foot long pieces, you could make a headboard for a twin size bed. Or cut it into random lengths and create a piece of art to hang on the wall.

Definitely keep the pics coming so I can live vicariously thru you! That church is a beauty – my girls make fun of my every time we pass a church because I always point out how beautiful they are!

I can relate to your driftwood carrying story – on a walk with the hubs, I lugged a gigantic branch back to the car – poking and pricking stray passerby as I went. He refused to help me (and he’s normally pretty nice). I wasn’t letting go of my prize!

Can’t wait to see what you make out of that ginormous piece of wood.

Stunning colour in the photos. You made me laugh with your Valentine Card and really long driftwood find. I am going to follow you right back.
    Joy

Beautiful photos. I’m trying my hand a taking a picture a day this year. So far I have not failed. I think I will stick around to see what you make out of your board. Visiting from FFP link up.

I LOVE that gallery wall! What a fab idea. I think I’m going to steal this idea for a wall in which I’m having some difficulty. And that door find, how fabulous! Sounds like something I would do! Thanks for stopping over at Flip Flops and Pearls today! I love finding all these fabulous new blogs. Have a great day!